Gilmore's Collision Center was started in 1947 by Dee Gilmore. Three generations later, this collision repair center is still family owned and operated. Our goal is absolute Customer Satisfaction.
At Gilmore's Collision our five star program leads our focus:
- Perform quality repairs on your vehicle that display pride in our work.
- Stand behind our work and back it up with a Written Lifetime Warranty.
- Gilmore's is a DRP (Direct Repair Provider) for most major insurance companies. Insurance companies provide their clients with a list of DRP's.
- Create a Hassle Free Environment, by taking care of everything from working with your insurance company and handling your insurance claim to arranging a rental car.
- Enterprise rental company on site for convenience and to speed the process.
In 1947, Dee Gilmore founded Dee Gilmore Paint and Body Works. The business was originally located at the corner of 6th and Bluff Street. Dee began the business with a hammer, grinder, paint gun, and a whole lot of Hope! In 1956 Dee relocated to North Broadway Street and his business began to grow. Dee was known for his honesty, integrity, and quality workmanship, and those were the characteristics and core values this business was built upon. In 1977, the current location on Old Jacksboro Hwy was purchased and the Suspension and Alignment shop were moved at that time. In 1978, Dee passed away. At that time Dee’s sons, David and James Gilmore continued on the business and prepared for growth.
In 1980, the first of what would end up being 4 expansions was made to the new location, and the Body, Frame and Paint shop were moved to the Old Jacksboro Hwy location. In 1985, we added the Spray Bake Down Draft booth to ensure the highest quality of paint jobs. At that time, it was the first spray booth of its kind in Wichita Falls, and it is still in use today. Our reputation was quickly growing as a High Quality repair facility allowing our business to grow, and we were quickly running out of space. In 1990 our Second expansion began, creating a very spacious body and frame shop.
This allowed us to add another Frame rack and more operating room. Continually growing, our new body shop was beginning to overload our Paint shop and we were once again out of space. In 1997 we expanded once again, adding a new Paint Shop. We moved our Spray Bake Booth, and added a new Blowtherm Down Draft booth, and 4 down draft prep station booths.
The year 2000 was the year we completed our expansions, with the addition of our New Office building to handle the increasing administrative work necessary for 21st century Collision Repair.
In 2003, David Gilmore retired, and Greg Gilmore, James’s son, became a partner with James. In 2010, Gilmore’s purchased our state of the art Car-O-Liner Bench racks, and Car-O-Tronic X3 Measuring system for the Highest Possible quality repairs to Frame and Unibody structures and is a must for Today’s high tech vehicles.
Today, this 3rd generation Collision Center is still family owned and operated. From our Humble beginnings until, now, we still believe, and carry on our business with the same honesty, integrity and core values that this business was built upon, and that will never change. Gilmore’s Collision Center continues to grow and evolve as times change. One thing that has remained constant has been great people. Several members of our team have been with our company for more a decade, and as many as two. Our Team is highly trained and very skilled. As the Collision Industry continues to go in new directions, Gilmore’s will remain a leader and innovator in the field of Collision Repair.